The 7 Features of Better Strategy
- Clarity: A good strategy must have a clear and concise understanding of the problem it is trying to solve or the opportunity it is trying to seize.
- Simplicity: A good strategy must have a simple and straightforward approach that can be easily understood and executed.
- Coherence: A good strategy must have a coherent set of actions and decisions that are aligned and support each other.
- Focus: A good strategy must identify clear choices and actions necessary to achieve success, with an underlying logic of why you think it will work.
- Adaptability: A good strategy must be flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances and new information.
- Innovation: A good strategy must contain a creative element to create advantage and differentiation.
- Action-Oriented: A good strategy must be action-oriented, translating goals into specific, concrete, high-impact actions that can be taken, and will deliver the greatest results.